Just giving a quick review of the services Goldstein Library can provide you and some quick contact tips. Enjoy as you complete the semester and get ready for Fall. Pamala J Doffek, Director
Goldstein Services 2014
Here’s what the Goldstein Library can do for you and what you can do for Goldstein Library (apologies to JFK)
o -The Goldstein exists and we are here to serve all CCI students (and that means YOU…)
o -Start your searching at Goldstein Library http://goldstein.cci.fsu.edu
o -Contact Pam Doffek, email@example.com Leila Gibradze, Leila.firstname.lastname@example.org or anyone working The Desk, email@example.com
§ We can do a general overview,
§ specific curricular subject spiel,
§ help you do research,
§ help navigate the various information sources and websites available to you.
o -Need help? Use the AskALibrarian widget on the Goldstein homepage, or download the app. AAL services are available from Goldstein directly during all open hours, statewide as stated below.
o Download the AAL App in iTunes and Google Play! o This app allows users to connect to Ask a Librarian, a free online service that allows chat or text with a librarian for immediate assistance from 10am until midnight ET Sunday thru Thursday and from 10am until 5pm ET Friday and Saturday. A trained information professional can guide you to the answers you need in minutes rather than your wasting hours navigating hundreds of unhelpful and irrelevant web sites. More than 100 libraries statewide collaborate to provide this service to their patrons and the patrons of other participating libraries. In addition, you can also email your local library’s staff.
· Need really comprehensive sources? Try the SUMMONS or OneSearch search under the “Search by” box on the Goldstein main webpage http://goldstein.cci.fsu.edu . This search harvests from about 99% of the available e-content and print holdings of the combined collections of all campus libraries. The BEST way to get it all.
· connect to the Graphic Novel Orientation http://goldsteinlibrary.weebly.com/goldstein-graphic-novel-tour.html
· There are also LibGuides for About Goldstein http://guides.lib.fsu.edu/goldsteinresources and Goldstein for Distant learners http://guides.lib.fsu.edu/content.php?pid=226099
§ LIS Overview , About Goldstein , Goldstein for Distance Learners Finding a Library job Information Technology Resources, Uborrow , Interlibrary Loan
· Access to 9 Grolier databases. Usernames and passwords change monthly, but it’s access to all LIS students and faculty ( Grolier Online The GO AFTERSCHOOL BookFlix Expert Space TrueFlix FreedomFlix Freedom Flix and Digital Locker) contact Pam Doffek, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Specialized databases related to juvenile literature and teaching K-12:
--TeachingBooks: Access author programs, book readings and web sites
-- Children’s Literature Comprehensive Database
· Specialized resources including Open Access, Children’s Literature and Reference guides: http://goldstein.cci.fsu.edu/information-resources/
· Distance Student? Borrow anything from any campus library via Interlibrary Loan (ILL) and get priority handling. Use UBorrow just like any other student, items get shipped to your address. Borrow anything not available from FSU via ILL. WIN-WIN-Win
· Campus student? Borrow anything from any campus library and request books from any other State University via UBorrow and stuff FSU doesn’t have via Interlibrary Loan (ILL) see our LibGuide
· Have a class meeting, small group discussion or critique in Goldstein Commons or use The CAVE’s SKYPE/video camera and mic/speaker to conduct meetings, seminars or classes. Reserve The CAVE by calling Goldstein @ 644-0461 or email: email@example.com
· We’re on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/harold.g.goldstein?hc_location=stream and Twitter, https://twitter.com/GoldLib
· we have a Blog http://goldsteinlibrary.weebly.com/index.html including “Got Job” “Graphic Novel Guide to Goldstein” and “Webinars Scheduled” tabs
Call: 850 644-0461 email: firstname.lastname@example.org SKYPE: Goldstein.Library
GOLDSTEIN IS YOUR LIBRARY….USE US !